This exercise strengthens your glutes, hamstrings, thighs, hips, and quadriceps. It also improves your flexibility, balance and coordination.
Slow Knee Repeater
- Stand with your feet together and your hands at your sides.
- Take a long stride forward with your left foot, pointing your foot and knee in the same direction.
- Keep your torso upright and your center of gravity directly above your hips.
- Bend your rear leg until your knee almost touches the ground.
- Bend forward with a straight back, so that your center of gravity shifts to your front foot.
- Pull your rear knee forward, then return your rear foot to its starting position.
- Keep your weight on your front foot throughout the movement.
- Perform the same movement with the other leg.