This barbell exercise strengthens your arms, back, buttocks and legs. Make sure you master the technique before moving quickly in this movement.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Grasp a barbell with an overhand grip, slightly more than shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the barbell at the top of your chest, resting on your collarbone and the fronts of your shoulders.
- With your back straight and chest out, bend your hips forward and slightly bend your knees.
- With an explosive motion, drive your weight upward from your heels.
- Propel the barbell off your shoulders, extending your arms straight over your head.
- Return the barbell to its original position.