This exercise works your entire body, including your quadriceps, glutes, thighs, shoulders, triceps and core. It also conditions your cardiovascular system and improves your flexibility, balance, coordination and agility.
Overhead Walking Lunges
- Stand with your feet together.
- Lift your arms over your head.
- Take a long stride forward with one foot, pointing your foot and knee in the same direction.
- Keep your torso upright and your center of gravity directly above your hips.
- Bend your rear leg until your knee almost touches the ground.
- Push off your rear foot and stride forward with that leg, pointing your foot and knee in the same direction.
- Repeat the same movement as you move forward.