This multi-joint exercise primarily strengthens the muscles of your lower body (such as your quadriceps, glutes and hamstrings). It also improves your flexibility and balance.
One Leg Squat
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Stand on one leg.
- Slowly lower your body as if sitting on a chair.
- Keep your back straight, your chest out, and your standing knee pointed in the same direction as your foot.
- Descend as far as you can.
- Slowly push up from your heel, extending your leg and squeezing your glute.
- Straighten your leg.
- Repeat on the other leg.