This variation of the squat is especially good for your thighs and glutes. To add resistance in this movement, hold a dumbbell.
- Stand with your feet beneath your hips.
- Hold your hands in front of your chest as if holding a goblet.
- Press your forearms lightly against your chest.
- Lower your body as if sitting in a chair.
- Keep your back straight and your chest out.
- Stop when your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Don’t let your knees move past your toes.
- Push up from your heels to return to your original position.