This upper body exercise works your chest and shoulder muscles at a different angle than normal, increasing your overall strength gains.
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
- Position bench so that it's at a 45-degree incline.
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, sit on bench with knees bent, feet flat on floor.
- Bend elbows out to sides at shoulder level, forming a goal post with your forearms (weights lifted toward ceiling), palms facing forward.
- Press dumbbells overhead, bringing arms toward center so that dumbbells almost touch at top.
- Bend elbows to lower weights back to shoulder level.