This type of push-up places more emphasis on the triceps than a regular push-up. Note: Don’t point your elbows out in this movement, or you might pull a muscle.
Close Grip Push-up
- Kneel on the floor.
- Place your hands flat on the floor in line with your chest.
- Extend your legs straight behind you, resting your weight on the balls of your feet.
- Keep your back straight.
- Lower your chest toward your hands, bending your elbows and keeping your upper arms close to your sides.
- Slowly push yourself back up, keeping your back and legs straight.
- Extend your arms until your elbows are locked.