Swimmer Body Boot Camp
You're just a few strokes away from a strong, flexible, water baby body. Our mix of core, upper body, and cardio conditioning trains your breath, coordination, and muscle endurance, while shredding fat. Dara Torres, watch your back!
Swimmer Body Boot Camp Steps
Butt-kicks perform for 60 seconds to warm up
- Jog in place on the balls of your feet, raising your heels toward your glutes.
- Keep your center of gravity slightly forward, staying as light on your feet as possible.
Scapular Wall Slide Stretch perform for 60 seconds to warm up
- Stand with your back against a wall, feet hip-width apart.
- Bend elbows out to sides at chest level so that backs of palms are up just above your shoulders.
- Slowly press arms diagonally overhead, pressing backs of arms against wall as you do so.
- Lower elbows back down to chest level to complete one rep.
Leg Swing Stretch perform for 60 seconds to warm up
- Stand facing a wall, about two feet away, with feet hip-width apart.
- Lean over slightly from waist to place palms on wall, shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent.
- Lift right foot off floor and bring out to side. Gently swing leg over in front and to left of left foot; swing back out to side.
- Continue swinging leg in and out for desired number of reps; switch sides and repeat.
Plank One Arm Dumbbell Row 1st round, 90 secs; 2nd round, 60 secs; 3rd round, 30 secs
- Place two dumbbells on the ground.
- Grasp the dumbbells and assume a push-up position.
- Keep your back straight.
- Contract your abs.
- Raise one dumbbell to your chest and lower it.
- Do the same with the other arm.
Swimming 1st round, 90 secs; 2nd round, 60 secs; 3rd round, 30 secs
- Lie facedown on mat with legs together and extended, arms extended overhead.
- Keeping shoulders down, abs engaged and body in a straight line, lift head, arms and legs a few inches off mat.
- Reach everything away from your center, pointing your toes and fingers, as you begin to flutter kick arms and legs, pulsing up and down quickly with opposite arm and leg (as if swimming).
Alligator Push-up 1st round, 90 secs; 2nd round, 60 secs; 3rd round, 30 secs
- From plank position, walk forward with right hand and left leg.
- Pause and perform one pushup.
- Repeat on opposite side for the desired number of repetitions.
Crunch And Punch 1st round, 90 secs; 2nd round, 60 secs; 3rd round, 30 secs
- Lie on your back holding dumbells in each hand, elbows tight to your body, hands in guard position.
- Perform a crunch up.
- Punch each hand diagonally towards the ceiling at a 45 degree angle.
- Return arms to guard position, and lower to the floor.
- Repeat and perform the first punch with the opposite hand.
Oblique V-up 1st round, 90 secs; 2nd round, 60 secs; 3rd round, 30 secs
- Lie on left side with hips and legs stacked, arms crossed in front of chest.
- Simultaneously crunch upper body off floor as you lift legs toward ceiling; release.
- Do desired number of reps; switch sides and repeat.
Two-point Bridge 1st round, 90 secs; 2nd round, 60 secs; 3rd round, 30 secs
- Start in plank position (hands under shoulders, legs extended, back flat, toes tucked under).
- Slowly lift your left arm and right leg off floor at the same time. Hold for 3 to 5 seconds; lower.
- Lift your right arm and left leg; hold for 3 to 5 seconds and lower to complete one rep.
- Continue alternating sides for desired number of reps, holding plank position throughout.
Scorpion Stretch hold for 1 min
- Lie facedown on floor with legs extended, arms out to sides at shoulder level, so your body forms a T.
- Lift your right leg off the floor, kick heel back toward your butt, and tap right toes down on floor beside you, on left.
- Reverse motion to lower leg back to start. Switch legs and repeat.
Pigeon Stretch hold for 1 min
- Place your left lower leg horizontally on a mat, left knee bent out to side, and extend your right leg behind you, keeping back tall and hips facing forward.
- Gently lean forward as far as you can until you feel a stretch in your glutes.
- Hold for 30 seconds; switch legs and repeat.
Posterior Shoulder Stretch hold for 1 min
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Raise your right arm up to shoulder height and move it across the front of your body.
- With the left arm, pull the right arm as close to your chest as possible and hold it for 30 seconds. Feel the stretch across the back of your shoulder.
- Hold for 30 seconds and repeat on opposite side.