Depending on how much weight you use, this dumbbell exercise will tone your triceps or build muscle mass. You can perform a variation of the exercise with a cable machine.
- Grasp a dumbbell with your right hand.
- Place your left knee on a bench and support yourself with your left arm.
- Point your right elbow behind you while letting the dumbbell hang by your side.
- Without changing the position of your elbow, slowly extend your right arm behind you until it is straight.
- Lower the barbell to its original position.
- Continue with the left arm.