This multi-joint exercise primarily strengthens the muscles of your lower body (such as your quadriceps, glutes and hamstrings).
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and flat on the floor.
- Slowly lower your body as if sitting on a chair.
- Keep your back straight, your chest out and your knees pointed in the same direction as your feet.
- Descend until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Do not move your knees past your toes.
- Slowly push up from your heels, extending your legs and squeezing your glutes.
- Straighten your legs.