This exercise works your buttocks and legs. A short lunge emphasizes your quadriceps, while a long one gives a better workout to your buttocks. To make the exercise more challenging, touch a dumbbell to the floor during the lunge.
- Stand with your feet together.
- Step to the right, bending your right knee to transfer weight to your right foot.
- Keep your toes pointed forward and your weight on your heels.
- Reach your left hand to your right foot.
- Return to your original position.
- Repeat on the other side.