Running delivers a great cardiovascular and endurance workout. Work up to speed and distance running gradually to avoid wear and tear on your muscles and joints. Drink plenty of water before and after running.
- Look ahead, not at your feet.
- Try to land on the middle of your feet without bouncing.
- Keep your hands at waist level.
- Swing your arms from your shoulders, not your elbows.
- Relax your shoulders and hands.
- Maintain an erect posture.
- If you’re a beginner, run at a pace at which you can breathe easily. If you can talk normally while running, your pace is appropriate.