This exercise will work your obliques and test your hip strength. Make sure your shoulder and your elbow are in a line.
- Get into right side plank position (legs and hips stacked, left elbow under left shoulder), with left elbow on top of bench so that your body is perpendicular to the bench.
- Place left hand on left hip.
- Keeping legs together, slowly lower hips toward floor.
- Lift hips back up toward ceiling, until you form a diagonal line from head to feet.
- Do designated number of reps; switch sides and repeat.