This exercise is great for strengthening your lats. Keep your hands just wider than shoulder-width apart—anything more than that may compromise your results.
- Place pulldown bar on pulley and adjust weight accordingly.
- Sit on bench facing machine, with knees bent, feet flat on floor, thighs under support pads.
- Reach arms overhead and grab bar with a wide, overhand grip.
- Lean back slightly as you bend elbows by sides, pulling bar down toward chest.
- Squeeze shoulder blades together and extend arms back to start.