This exercise strengthens and tones your glutes, quads, hamstrings, inner thighs and calves. It also improves your flexibility, balance, agility and cardiovascular conditioning.
- Stand with your feet slightly more than shoulder-width apart and your toes forward or slanted slightly outward.
- Your knees and toes should point in the same direction.
- Keep your back straight and your chest out.
- Bend from the hips, pushing your hips back so that your weight is on your heels.
- Lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Don't let your knees pass your toes.
- Thrust yourself into the air by pushing from your heels.
- While airborne, turn your body 180 degrees.
- Land with your knees slightly bent.